Sunday, June 8, 2014

From Sloppy Joes to Noodle Bake

I do know how to make homemade sloppy joes, but sometimes I buy a jar of sauce and use that. I've used chili sauce and doctored it, Manwich, or other brands. This time, I used Manwich, and added about 1/2 cup dehydrated spinach to the mix along with some dry mustard and crushed red pepper. It was a pretty flavorful sloppy joe, and no one could tell there was spinach in it.

The leftovers from the sloppy joes equaled about 1-2 cups of meat and sauce, so today for Sunday dinner, I boiled up some egg noodles, added the leftover sloppy joes, about a cup of sour cream, a little more salt, and poured it all in a medium oven-friendly dish. I topped it with sharp cheddar cheese and browned it for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. It was a great way to use leftover sloppy joes if you don't feel like having it on bread, and it is definitely reminiscent of traditional Sour Cream Noodle Bake.

Using leftover can be a way to build your creative cooking skills. What can you invent today?

No comments:

Post a Comment