Friday, June 13, 2014

Asparagus Three Ways


I was thankful to be given a gift of asparagus today. I love asparagus. It is a favorite when it comes to vegetables. Because I had so much, and I had company, I decided to make it three ways. I admit I did get ideas on Pinterest.

The bacon-wrapped asparagus is exactly what it sounds like - a bunch of asparagus wrapped with bacon. I baked it in the oven on 400 or more until it was as crisp as possible. It took 30-40 minutes

For the asparagus fries, take just the ends without the floret, and dip in egg, then a flour and panko mixture. I did put salt and pepper in the mixture. I put them in the shallow pan, and drop pats of butter all over on top of them. You could use canola oil. It ends up taking about 1/4 cup of butter. You could also deep fry these to get them more crisp.

For the macaroni and cheese, you can use whatever mac and cheese recipe you prefer and mix in precooked asparagus bits. 


Here is asparagus two ways

Bacon-wrapped asparagus and oven fried asparagus
Both of these were a hit with my husband and in-laws.

White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese with asparagus bits



It's a fun, creative activity to try to use one ingredient in several ways. Asparagus is a versatile vegetable to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment