Monday, May 19, 2014

Our Second Home Sweet Home


Lakeridge Home

Dining Room

After my husband graduated from grad school, we moved out of our tiny two room apartment and headed for the big city. We moved to Lakeridge, VA which is just outside of Washington D.C. My husband and I both taught in a Christian school there. We gave birth to our first son there as well.

This home was also small, but we gained almost 400 square feet, so it's was basically double the size of our first home. Before our move, Ryan had inherited a number of items from his grandmother. It was fun getting to integrate these beautiful pieces into our home.

Each home we live in has its own memories. Many of my memories here surround the birth of our first son, the scare he brought us at at birth and in the first weeks and months, and the joy he brought us throughout that year. 

Living just outside of Washington brought its own set of memories. Being pregnant most of the time that we lived there meant that in I felt like I was having contractions almost every time we went to the city. Yes, the traffic is that bad. The beautiful museums more than made up for the traffic though, and I'm thankful we were able to have that year in this place. 


Living Room


No comments:

Post a Comment