Saturday, May 17, 2014

Delicious Dumplings

I've never really been a southern style dumpling person until I made my own the other night. To me they are often a little too mushy and without as much flavor as I would prefer.

Last night I made chicken and rice soup, and I decided to add some dumplings. I used your normal Bisquick mix and followed the measurements for biscuits/dumplings.

Instead of just leaving it at that, I added a good amount of onion powder, basil, and some thyme. It was a great combination.

I dropped them into the pot of soup, and didn't really mess with them. The lid went back on the pot, and when it was time to eat, they were soft on the outside and biscuit-like on the inside. The flavors really enhanced the overall taste of the soup, and it was actually my favorite part of the soup.

So next time you think about chicken and dumplings, don't forget to add a few spices and use a hands-off approach to cooking them. You might become a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment