Saturday, May 24, 2014

Life in Maine

My husband and I taught for a year in Virginia just outside of Washington D.C. My husband had the ultimate goal at that point of being in the pastorate, so after a year of teaching, he chose to look for an assistant pastorate.

The Lord allowed us to find a church in a small town in Maine. As most people who hear about Maine, we envisioned the beautiful lighthouses, coastline, and of course the Lobstah. We enjoyed all of these. We lived in a parsonage next to the church, and we made it our home - our 3rd home.


With every place we lived, I tried to adapt what we had to the style of the home. In Maine, we lived in a very old farmhouse. I loved the space, and I enjoyed making it home.


We loved having land that we could make our own as well. My husband and I enjoyed having a beautiful garden during the first year that we were there.


We made a point to visit several lighthouses while in Maine. The Portland Head Light is one of the beautiful ones that is often photographed.


Everyone assumes that winter in Maine is the coldest possible and very snowy. Where we lived, however, although there was one winter while there when we got a great deal of snow, the temperature was not all that different from living in other northern states. One of the things I liked about Maine in the winter though is that the sky often stayed blue.


Our experiences in Maine were so varied. We learned a great deal during our time there. We gave birth to our second son. That was the most difficult time in our lives, but I'm thankful that we were in Maine when it happened. God always has a purpose. If you would like to read more about our son Trenton, you can read another of my blogs: morethanastatisticforhim.blogspot.com

Just as I'm thankful for our first two homes, I'm thankful that I was able to make this farmhouse in South Gardiner, Maine our home as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment