Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Chicken-Spinach Meatloaf


Meatloaf is a comfort food that I did not grow up enjoying. It wasn't a family favorite, so we never really had it much. When I got married, I tried a few inventive ways of making meatloaf. This Chicken-Spinach meatloaf is my most recent invention. It is a winner.


1 lb Ground Chicken
1 pkg frozen spinach (use 1/2 if prefer less)
2 t. onion powder
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. dry mustard
1/2 pkg. cornbread stuffing mix
2 eggs
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
2 T. olive oil

Mix ground chicken, thawed spinach, seasonings, stuffing mix, eggs, and pour olive oil equally over loaves. Put in mini loaf pans, muffin pans, or two regular sized  loaf pans. The time cooked will depend on what pan you use. I used the mini loaf pans, and these took around 30 minutes at 375.  Ketchup is a good topping for this meatloaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment